Monday, July 30, 2012

My little Green Paradise


My little Green Paradise

Hello,
I know I am posting something after quite a long time, well, almost after a year and a half. There are many reasons (of course silly ones) and I don't want to spend time discussing them over here. The important thing is, finally, I am writing again. 
As the DSLR dream seemed distant, I had to keep my creative juices flowing in some way or the other. Inspired from a friend Yashoda, I got attracted towards terrace gardening. The other reason behind this attraction was my new apartment, it also has got quite a big balcony. So, I decided to develop a garden on it on my own.
I did many experiments in the garden and have learned a lot over the period of a year. Here are the fruits of the patience kept over a year. This summer the garden bloomed like never before, thus providing me an opportunity to ring the bell to the photographer sleeping inside for quite a while.

So, have a look and please don't mind the quality of some of the photos, they are taken by my poor cell phone camera:



Top Left: That's me in my usual potting session. Rest of the photos of  the garden in initial days.
Current view
 







Before and After



There would hardly be a gardener who don't like to have a hanging in his garden, I am no exception.







A regular visitor to the garden..
 
Oh, did I mention I also frequently see Purple rumpled Sun bird, Red Vented Bulbul, Myna, House Sparrow and Magpie robin in the garden?







As someone has said correctly, "If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need". It's so true! Although I don't have a library apart from some dozens of books, the garden does fill the emptiness that I feel many times out of frustrations. This garden has shown me a new way to keep aside all the worries and look at them with completely different perspective. 

Many a times I go to the balcony with lots of sick thoughts, but hardly there would be a time when I'd return with the same thoughts, and that's what one would expect from a paradise, right? 


I hope you liked the tour through my little garden and a little ride in train of my thoughts, do keep posting your comments as it would inspire me to keep sharing my thoughts and photos.

2 comments:

अपर्णा on August 1, 2012 at 4:22 AM said...

Nice Garden Pritam...Not sure where exactly you are in Incredible India but man the Balcony is really really good :)

And you do have a library bro..Who defined it as a place more than a dozen books. All you need is a book shelf and you would keep adding to the books... :)

Keep writing.

Pritam on August 1, 2012 at 12:56 PM said...

thanks Aparna,
I live in Pune (Wakad area), yes, i have a good collection of books just a shelf is missing :)

ये रे मझ्या मागल्या

 

प्रितमभावसार.कॉम. Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved